Many times just to get the creative process off the ground I will have need of some type of visual planning software. I have not found the perfect software and all to often find myself searching for that illusive tool. In my hopes to find an all-inclusive solution that would render the hundreds of other tested software obsolete, there have been some favorites. I will be listing those findings here over the next year. This is the newest candidate, it is free, useful and it can be found here. http://pencil.evolus.vn/en-US/Home.aspx
The Pencil Project's unique mission is to build a free and opensource tool for making diagrams and GUI prototyping that everyone can use.Top features:
- Built-in stencils for diagraming and prototyping
- Multi-page document with background page
- Inter-page linkings!
- On-screen text editing with rich-text supports
- Exporting to HTML, PNG, Openoffice.org document, Word document and PDF.
- Undo/redo supports
- Installing user-defined stencils and templates
- Standard drawing operations: aligning, z-ordering, scaling, rotating...
- Adding external objects
- Personal Collection
- Clipart Browser
- Object snapping
- Sketchy Stencil
- And much more...